I have to admit, when I found out the soup that we were going to make in class was vegan, I didn’t think it would be any good. So imagine my surprise when I tried the soup, and I discovered that it was awesome! The wine gave the soup a pleasant taste, and the vegetables were just delightful. I have decided to make this soup at home, and let the soup cook the full time that the recipe calls for, as we were running out of time in class and couldn’t allow the soup to simmer as long.
I have always enjoyed making soups, as I find them to be a comfort food. Soup is really easy to make, and can be a wonderful way to use any vegetables or leftover meats that may be hanging out in ones refrigerator. One of my favorite soups to make is vegetable soup – simple, basic, and delicious! To begin with, I chop up any vegetables I have on hand – including but not limited to: zucchini, celery, tomatoes, cabbage, carrots, potatoes, and onions. I usually sauté the carrots, celery, and onions in a bit of oil, and then add in chicken or vegetable stock. I bring this to a boil, and then add the rest of the vegetables. I also usually add a can of diced tomatoes with the juice to help flavor the soup. I then allow the soup to cook for a while, and then add in some sort of small noodle. Then, after allowing the noodles to cook for just a few moments, I serve the soup with a hot, crusty loaf of French bread and cold butter. MMMmmmmm!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment