Rascal Loves Food


Thursday, April 3, 2008

Trying this Blog thing out.....

Let me start out by saying I'm Irish. So that means I love potatoes. Potatoes have always been an important part of just about every meal, especially when I was younger (my husband is NOT Irish, and does not appreciate spuds for breakfast.... and lunch......and dinner). One of my favorite memories from my childhood was waking up on a Sunday morning, heading out to the kitchen, and discovering what my Mom was cooking for breakfast. My mother was not the best cook, although that never stopped us from devouring everything on our plates. My mom would boil a pot of spuds (did I mention that Irish cooking is boiling everything?), slice them up, put them back into the pot with some water and onions, and make a kind of potato soup. She would make enough so we could have the leftovers with our dinner that evening. Breakfast would be a combination of Irish ham, potato soup, eggs, grilled tomatoes, and sausages or bacon. MMMM, makes my tummy growl just thinking about it.

No comments: